Whether you’re pulling the plane or cheering from the sidelines, there's plenty to do at the Plane Pull, aside from pulling the plane! From the annual car show and live music by UDOVOODOO
and the Happy Hour Boys to the concessions, exhibitors and military and civilian aircraft displays, it’s a guaranteed good time. Gates open Saturday at 10:30 am, with event festivities beginning at 11 am; gates close at 3:45 pm, with festivities ending at 4 pm. Please note: no backpacks, coolers, firearms or pets (except for service animals) will be allowed.
Make it a getaway weekend and be sure to check out these cool Plane Pull activities:
- Car Show - come check out the cars, trucks and motorcycles on display at the 17th Annual Dulles Day Car Show. Admission is free, and you can help vote on the winners in five different categories. To register your car and find out more, visit our Car Show page.
- Aircraft Displays - don’t miss this chance to get a firsthand look at some unique aircraft! Pilots will be on hand to answer questions, and you can climb on board most planes for an exclusive view from the cockpit. See below for a list of the planned displays.
U.S. Air Force C-17 cargo jet
U.S. Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt (close air-support aircraft)
U.S. Marine Corps MV-22B Osprey (tiltrotor helicopter-plane)
U.S. Navy HT-28 (Bell Jet Ranger helicopter trainer)
U.S. Coast Guard Rescue "Dolphin" Helicopter
DC-3 "Miss Virginia"
DC-3 “Tabitha May”
Nakajima Japanese bomber "Kate"
PBY Catalina (WWII Patrol Bomber)
Bell 429 Helicopter
Hughes 500D Helicopter
TBM Avenger (WWII torpedo bomber)
DHC-1 Chipmunk (WWII primary trainer)
L-5 Sentinel (WWII “Flying Jeep”)
L-39 Albatross (Czech built high-performance jet trainer)
T-6 Texan (WWII advanced trainer)
T-28 Trojan (WWII advanced trainer)
Yak-3 (WWII Soviet fighter aircraft)
Stearman PT-17 Biplane
Kodiak, high wing float & cargo aircraft
Piper J-3 Cub (WWII utility aircraft)
20 more General Aviation planes
- Police K-9 Demonstrations – Learn how airport K-9 teams protect the traveling public at Dulles and Reagan National every day. Demonstrations of the dogs’ bomb-sniffing skills just inside the event entrance gate are scheduled for 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30.
- Kid’s Truck Pull – kids, gather your friends and come play tug-of-war with a big red 123JUNK truck! Everyone who participates gets a Truck Pull T-shirt. To register and find out more, visit our Kids Truck Pull page.
- Kids Zone – come bounce, dance and play at this year’s Kids Zone! Highlights also include a "Dunk a Cop" dunk tank!